I'm having trouble compiling multiple source files. Following the README.plugins, I added the DISSECTOR_INCLUDES and DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC variables to Makefile.common. Additionally, according to this correspondence, I added the DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC variable under my dissector_la_SOURCES variable. However, when I make, it says that there is nothing to be done. I've also tried copying other what plugins have (opcua, to be precise), which also includes adding the DISSECTOR_* variables to Makefile, Makefile.in, Makefile.am, etc. I'm developing on Wireshark 1.0.15 (for reasons).
EDIT: Here is what my Makefile.common looks like
EDIT2: Here is my Makefile
EDIT3: Here's the make -d output: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwtybcv73cyfh24/output.txt
asked 05 Jun '14, 11:10
edited 06 Jun '14, 11:27
I figured it out by stepping through a diff. You also need to add to the Makefile at least two more lines, one for the .Plo (e.g. include ./$(DEPDIR)/xxxhelper.c.Plo) and the other for the .lo file (add the line to xxx_la_OBJECTS).
answered 06 Jun '14, 14:04