This is a static archive of our old Q&A Site. Please post any new questions and answers at ask.wireshark.org.

|Newbie| - I just want to set a Filter to google.com!

0

Hi there. I been reading for half an hour now - how to apply a simple filter. and non seems to work..

I want to know which computers in my organization - accessing google.com from there computers.

asked 12 Feb '15, 01:33

smounche's gravatar image

smounche
6●1●1●2
accept rate: 0%


One Answer:

0

Since the traffic to google is most likely encrypted you won't find HTTP GET requests. But you could filter on DNS packets, e.g. for something like

dns.qry.name contains "google".

answered 12 Feb '15, 01:48

Jasper's gravatar image

Jasper ♦♦
23.8k●5●51●284
accept rate: 18%

edited 12 Feb '15, 08:42

grahamb's gravatar image

grahamb ♦
19.8k●3●30●206

Note: this is a display filter and not a capture filter. This means you must first perform the packet capture and then apply the filter.

(12 Feb '15, 08:56) Amato_C