This is our old Q&A Site. Please post any new questions and answers at

I am developing a embedded ethernet system, wireshark is installed in my PC.

My ethernet system is required to connect to Internet, can someone inform me which particular hub/router can I use to capture my ethernet system traffic.

Regards Sam

asked 01 Sep '13, 19:36

rabbit's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

Perhaps have a look at the Wireshark wiki page on Ethernet capture setup first, as it may help you decide which type of device you're really interested in.

Also, if you're on LinkedIn, Christian H. Carrasco started a discussion there entitled, "I am looking for a cheap switch (under $100) that allows port mirroring or monitoring. Suggestions are very welcome." The responses offer some possible devices that may suit you.

As you can see, there is no one particular device, so in the end you will simply have to do some research and then decide for yourself which device you like that meets your needs and is within your budget.

permanent link

answered 01 Sep '13, 20:42

cmaynard's gravatar image

cmaynard ♦♦
accept rate: 20%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 01 Sep '13, 19:36

question was seen: 2,683 times

last updated: 01 Sep '13, 20:42

p​o​w​e​r​e​d by O​S​Q​A