This is a static archive of our old Q&A Site. Please post any new questions and answers at ask.wireshark.org.

Why does the info and protocol header in wireshark keeps changing?

0

Whenever I want to view my protocol,for which I have written a dissector for I click on the protocol header in the wireshark which should sort out the protocols. Instead of seeing my protocol, the protocol X which actually calls this protocol is seen. What is the reason for this problem. I have set the columns so that it shouldn't change yet this happens

asked 01 Apr '11, 03:13

niks3089's gravatar image

niks3089
21●15●15●18
accept rate: 0%

edited 26 Feb '12, 22:29

cmaynard's gravatar image

cmaynard ♦♦
9.4k●10●38●142


One Answer:

0

Most likely: do not wrap column settings in the test for tree == NULL.

answered 02 Apr '11, 03:39

Jaap's gravatar image

Jaap ♦
11.7k●16●101
accept rate: 14%