This is a static archive of our old Q&A Site. Please post any new questions and answers at ask.wireshark.org.

How do I turn on monitor mode in Mac OS X with Wireshark v1.99?

0

How do I turn on monitor mode in Mac OS X with Wireshark v1.99?

asked 04 Jun '15, 12:55

Joe%20C's gravatar image

Joe C
4●2●2●7
accept rate: 0%

edited 04 Jun '15, 17:27

Guy%20Harris's gravatar image

Guy Harris ♦♦
17.4k●3●35●196


One Answer:

1
  1. Open capture dialog
  2. Choose Wifi Interface
  3. Then scroll to the right side until the column "Monitor Mode" appears double click the value in your interface row and choose enabled.
  4. Then click on the start button.

    And do not forget setting the Link Layer to Per Packet Info

alt text

answered 04 Jun '15, 17:14

Christian_R's gravatar image

Christian_R
1.8k●2●6●25
accept rate: 16%

edited 04 Jun '15, 17:16

There are no scroll bars so I did not see a monitor mode as an option. Thanks.

(05 Jun '15, 03:12) Joe C